Saturday, October 27, 2012

What a difference a few days can make, the test quilt that I mentioned Monday is all pieced and I love it! The colors so rich that they make me smile. I'm calling this one 'Little Gems' and it will be in Donna Lynn Thomas' next book that will be published by Martingale next fall. There is also a very cool ruler that Donna designed to take the math out of using bias cuts. The ruler is made by Omni and will be out in the spring of 2013 along with it's own pattern. If you would love to make pieced borders to make your quilts extra special then you will love this ruler!


Today I took a class at the Round Bobbin Quilt Shop, in Horsham, PA. Susan Shiveley was the instructor, I've know Susan for years, she is not only an prolific quilter and pattern designer but a math professor. Her designs are often math driven, they are very different than the run of the mill quilt patterns. I've quilted for Susan but this is the first I've made one of her designs and I found it to be like solving a jigsaw puzzle. Change is good and this quilt was pieced differently than what you usually see in patterns. I had to think and thoroughly enjoyed the process, even better it was a small project and it was just about complete when I left the shop today. I'm still deciding if I want to add another border, if I don't then it's done but for the quilting and binding. Isn't it pretty?

Here in Bucks County we are waiting for Hurricane Sandy to arrive, the predictions are pretty bad with this being a huge storm that is  meeting up with a cold front and will become a monster nor'easter causing millions of dollars in damage, lost property and power outages. Everyone please stay safe and be prepared! I'll be here sewing or cutting out more quilts!




No comments:

Post a Comment