Monday, August 29, 2011

Interesting Summer...

Hello, it's been awhile since I've blogged, as usual life gets in the way! My family is growing, my 3rd child, Kyle became engaged to his Ashley while in Cancun, Mexico last month. Congratulations! A July wedding is planned for next year.

My grandson, Trevor, Jr is almost 10 months old, that's him below on the boogie board. He's a beach baby and loves the sand and ocean. He loves the sand so much he wears it all over himself! We were blessed to have much of our family with us during our week in Sea Isle City, NJ or "down the shore"!
My daughter is expecting our first granddaughter this October, she will be born in Hawaii where they live while her Dad is stationed there, he is a U.S. Marine. I'll be traveling to Hawaii when she is born to meet her and help out the new parents as much as I can in a short time.

I'm still quilting and working on my own projects, sew much to do! I plan to make a Christmas gift for everyone, quilted, knit, crocheted or crafted. I love making or buying a special gift, knowing how well it will suit the person that I've chosen it for. The look of surprise and joy when they open that special gift makes it all worthwhile for me.

In my business I am fortunate enough to see the beautiful quilts made for beloved family members and friends. Below is an example of a special quilt made by a good customer of mine, Karen W. This alphabet quilt is for her grandchildren's play room, it will be hung on a wall and taken down to practice their ABC's.

There are dozens of machine embroidery designs in this gorgeous quilt and in quilting it I didn't want to take away from the embroidery but highlight it. I chose a very small stippling to nail down the backing and make the embroidery POP! It worked and the designs all stand out beautifully.
I am honored to be able to finish so many wonderful quilts that will be around for generations.

Keep piecing and quilting and remember to always include a label with your name, date and location as well as who the quilt was made for on each quilt that you create!
Happy Stitching!


1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog updates Mom!! I always check for new ones!!! Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see you in October!!!

    ReplyDelete